Monday, July 5, 2010

Surprise Weekend in San Diego











Kirk was so sneaky and sweet to surprise me with a wonderful weekend in San Diego. He told me we were going for a drive to the outlets. So after some brunch, we hopped in his convertible and started for the coast. When we got to the outlet, Kirk kept saying he wanted to get some nice clothes. He bought some nice pants and shirts from the gap outlet. Then he kept saying he wanted me to get a nice dress. He insisted on going to BCBG and picking out a dress for me to try on. I found one I liked and he bought it for me. We walked back to the car and he said we needed to start on our way if we were to make our reservations. I was honestly thinking we were just going to shop and then go home. Kirk had this whole little trip planned. We ended up driving to La Jolla where he made reservations at the Hilton. He had packed my stuff (remembering pretty much everything, even my hair iron) and even packed some nice shoes. He needed to buy me a dress because we were going to have dinner at one of my favorite fancy restaurants in San Diego, called Donovans Steakhouse. We quickly got dressed and headed out to the restaurant. It is my favorite steakhouse with excellent steaks (all only USDA prime quality, apparently the top 3% of meat in the country), great service, and the best bread. Kirk remembered me saying how much I loved this place, so he made reservations. We enjoyed a lovely meal together and honestly a relaxing and special weekend. Kirk, you are the best boyfriend ever! You are truly thoughtful, caring, and always looking to treat me like a queen. Thank you Kirk!
After the awesome weekend in SD, we spent the fourth with his family. Luckily fireworks are legal in Montebello, so we bought a small box of fireworks and lit them in the backyard.

Kirk lighting one of the fireworks we bought from the store....its sooooo big!
Kirk's dad says its not the size that matters :)

1 comment:

  1. Guys love to blow things up huh.. xoxo sw.

    ReplyDelete