Monday, July 5, 2010

I Love Torrance!!!

After living in Torrance for about 6 months, I realize that I am starting to really love this area. It has the weather of the westside with that cool, breezy wind from the coast. I open my front door or kitchen window and a gust of cool fresh ocean breeze fills my house. I hear the rustling of the maple tree leaves in the front and the smell of my fresh flowers and herbs...it is quite relaxing. Unlike the westside there is a plethora of free street parking, direct access to a garage, a backyard, three Targets within a mile, and just about every single store I need in a close radius. Of course, I miss the "hipster" trendy Westside with the restaurants and non-chainy feel. It was a foodies dreamland. Alas, I have recently realized I can no longer live that foodie life due to the costs of being a homeowner. Luckily, Kirk is ever so generous and always treating me to some delicious dinners. Ok...I totally digressed from what I originally wanted to say. I have experienced some great dining in the southbay for a deal. First place is Bistro Beaux (21605 S Western Ave, Torrance, CA 90501). This place is a quaint little restaurant with a full bar! Yes people....lots of choices of alcohol to enjoy a nice after work drink. There is a huge menu of bar food that is a mix between Italian and Japanese cuisine.

The ooey, gooey, yummy, creamy cheesy bread (their signature dish)

Ribeye steak
Carbonara Pasta....my fave!
Seared Albacore tuna salad
Marinated Cucumber...Kirk's fave
Prosciutto wrapped around Melon

The second yummy place to eat is the Torrance Farmer's Market on saturdays at the park on Crenshaw and Plaza Del Amo. I did a previous blog on this farmer's market, but will just put in a quick advertisement again. Kirk and I shared an awesome sausage breakfast burrito. We also bought some tasty gaviota strawberries. Although they are quite expensive ($15 per 3 pack), they are so worth it. Very sweet and a lot less acidity than the normal strawberry. If you love strawberries, you should try these...they are very different than your average strawberry.

e
wThe last new place I've tried is Addi's Tandoor (www.addistandoor.com 800 West Torrance Boulevard, Redondo Beach, CA 90277-3591). I love Indian cuisine so this place definitely impressed me. I think it was the best, most chewy Naan, I've ever had. This place is highly rated by Zagats and by Yelp. There were lots of Indian people eating there as well, which makes me think it is authentic.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Marinated celery looks delish!!!!! xoxo sw.

    ReplyDelete