Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bistro Beaux...My New Go-to Place

Bread Gratin with Special Cheese Sauce....pillows of bread doused with creamy, buttery, cheese (it's not too cheesy though, but very rich)

Squid Ink pasta....it will make your whole mouth (and other stuff) black, but highly worth it for the taste!

Butter Sauteed Eryngi (Giant Oyster) Mushroom....buttery, yet sweet taste to a meaty mushroom. Happy hour is from 6-7pm and this was a cheaper menu item

Marinated celery...Kirk's favorite...very refreshing and unique

So lately I have been in love with this restaurant in Torrance called Bistro Beaux (Bose). It is a small little place with a stocked full bar (woohoo) and the most interesting dishes. They serve a lot of Japanese food as well as Italian food....or Japanese style Italian dishes. My favorites are the marinated celery, squid ink pasta, carbonara pasta, bread gratin with special cheese sauce, rice croquette, and Eryngi mushroom. Every dish has such a wonderful taste and it is fun to share dishes here. It's also a great place to have a drink and some yummy snacks. It is a very Japanese place....so much so that I think my friend and I were the only non-Japanese speaking people in the joint. Although, I did understand the guy when he told me that only the bar seating was open and that the seats at the end of the bar had more room. I think this is a total gem in Torrance!

***note...the above dishes came to a total of about $28 pre-tax/tip...it is pretty reasonable

No comments:

Post a Comment