Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daniela's Baby Shower



Today was Daniela “Darling Dani’s” baby shower. My sister Angie and I went early to bring some food over and to help set up. The place was decorated so beautifully by Daniela’s friend Yanay who also made a lot of the food. I was slightly cranky and hungover from the previous night’s festivities (a crazy bachelorette party) and from the fact that I had to drive from San Diego at 730am. I made it back to my apt to make some food for the shower which included: crab wontons, spinach dip with bread, a salmon torta with bagels and chips, and a watermelon shaped carriage with apples and dip.


The baby shower was actually a lot of fun and the games were fun too. For one game, we had to try 5 different kinds of unlabeled baby food and guess what they were. I thought my tasting palate was good, but I only got 3 of out 5 right. I was stumped at the carrots and peas mish mosh (blah!) and the macaroni and beef puree. Baby food is not good food. When I have a baby, I am going to be pureeing him/her some gourmet food like Braised shortribs and mushrooms or Rack of Lamb! Just kidding, I hear from my mommy friends that you don't have time for anything, let alone cooking. Although, my super mommy friend Joni did and currently does make all of her son Evan’s food. Even when he first started eating, she would puree foods like edamame for him fresh. See, so it can be done.


Anyways, I wish Baby Marcus a safe, healthy journey into our world and hope that Daniela is not one of those women who say "I'm not getting the epidural", because that's just crazy talk.

1 comment:

  1. OMG what a cute idea! Watermelon baby carriage! I am so 'jacking' that idea from you!!!! You rock sista wifey. But I've told you that before :)

    ReplyDelete